Where and when do we train?
- Training times and places are posted on each teams page.
- More specific training times and info can be checked from
Men: Sign up for our web site! (and wrc.nimenhuuto.com)
Women: warriorsladies.nimenhuuto.com by signing up
What do I need to play rugby in Finland?
- Come to training and see what it is all about!
- Club membership (details will be sent to you by email when you join)
- Rugby license from FRF (Finnish Rugby Federation)
- Completed and delivered Rugby Ready certificate
- Insurance covering rugby. This can be:
- A personal insurance covering rugby
- One of the insurance options offered by FRF
What is rugby?
Rugby basics will of course be discussed in training and in pre-season meetings. It is however highly encouraged to self study. A lot of material can be found online:
English rugby union: rugby basics
BBC rugby basics
Rugby basics in Finnish
google/youtube: rugby basics :)
What kind of gear I need?
Training: For training all you need is a pair of trainers or rugby/football cleats, shorts and a shirt that does not rip easy. For contact training mouth guard is a must.
Games: Rugby shorts, jersey and socks for games are provided by the club. Player is responsible for boots suitable for rugby (either molded stud football/rugby boots or metal studded rugby/football boots) and mouth guard. All protection beyond this is voluntary.
How expensive is rugby?
- Club membership (decided by the board every year but it is 220€ for 2016 season (150€ for students), payment plans available)
- Rugby license from FRF (Finnish Rugby Federation), 33€:
- Insurance covering rugby. Price varies and is up to your insurance of choice. Federation license insurance is around 380€ per year (2016 info).